Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, Inc.
as of August 1, 2012
When using this Site you agree:
1. To comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitation, the antitrust laws.
2. Not to publish, upload, post, embed, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise distribute, disseminate or make available any information, messages or content that: violates or infringes on any rights of others (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights); might interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment; is defamatory, abusive, profane, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, indecent, threatening, hateful, or includes offensive language; attacks others or invades their privacy, personally or professionally; involves or assists in the use of false names or impersonation of others by you or by someone else; harasses, threatens, or embarrasses others; constitutes or promotes illegal activity; is knowingly inaccurate or false; is misleading or fraudulent; includes content that you do not have a legal or contractual right to make available or that you are prohibited from making available due to fiduciary relationships; contains the image, name or likeness of anyone other than yourself unless the person is at least 18 years old and you have the person’s advance permission, or you have the permission of the person’s parent/legal guardian if the person is under 18; solicits or offers money, goods or services for private or personal gain; contains advertising or promotions; harvests screen names; or sends spam or intentionally duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise). You also agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to this Site, materials on this Site, or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected and/or linked to this Site or any IIABA server, through hacking, password mining or any other means, or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means other than those intentionally made available through this Site. IIABA is not obligated to monitor your communications with others on or through this Site, but IIABA reserves the right to screen and/or review materials posted by you and remove any of your materials, in IIABA’s sole discretion and without notice to you (except as otherwise provided for herein). IIABA reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all portions of this Site, without notice, at any time and for any reason.
3. To abide by the copyright ownership of materials on this Site in accordance with the following:
(a) The works of authorship on this Site that have been created, produced, uploaded and/or otherwise contributed by IIABA, including, but not limited to, all design, text, images, and sounds (individually and collectively “Publications”), contained in this Site are owned or approved for use by IIABA, except as otherwise expressly stated. The Publications may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, rented, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part (individually and collectively "Reproduced") in any manner without IIABA’s prior written consent, except as expressly permitted by a notice on the Publication, or except to the extent permitted by law. If Reproduced, the Publications must be Reproduced with the copyright notice on all copies, be Reproduced without changes, and be used for informational/non-commercial purposes. Since some of the Publications on the Site were provided under licenses from other entities with all rights reserved, if you are interested in obtaining a license so that one or more of those materials may be Reproduced, please contact IIABA’s Communications Department at (800) 221-7917 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (800) 221-7917 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting or via e-mail at: email@example.com.
(c) IIABA will respond to allegations of violations of copyrights of others in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). IIABA will process notices it receives of alleged copyright infringement and take appropriate action as required by the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. If you believe any material contained in this Site infringes your copyright, you should notify IIABA of your copyright infringement claim in accordance with the following procedures:
Notice of the alleged copyright infringement must be sent to this Site’s designated agent (“DMCA Agent”), who is:
Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, Inc.
127 South Peyton Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
To be effective, the notice must be in writing and contain substantially the following:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit IIABA to locate the material.
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit IIABA to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
(v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of an effective notice of alleged copyright infringement, IIABA will remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content, forward the notice of alleged copyright infringement to the alleged infringer, and inform the alleged infringer that IIABA has removed or disabled access to such content. If the alleged infringer believes the copyright infringement allegation is unfounded or in error, the alleged infringer may send a counter notification to IIABA.
To be effective, the counter notification must be sent to IIABA’s DMCA Agent, be in writing, and contain substantially the following:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer.
(ii) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
(iii) A statement under penalty of perjury that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
(iv) The alleged infringer’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the alleged infringer consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the alleged infringer’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the alleged infringer may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided the notice of alleged copyright infringement to IIABA or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of an effective counter notification, IIABA will provide a copy of the counter notification to the sender of the notice of alleged copyright infringement and inform such person that IIABA will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in 10 business days. IIABA will then replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in no fewer than 10, and no more than 14, business days following receipt of the effective counter notification, unless IIABA’s DMCA Agent first receives notice from the sender of the notice of alleged copyright infringement that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the alleged infringer from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the alleged infringer’s system or network.
4. To abide by the trademark ownership of names, logos, or slogans (collectively “Trademarks”) on the Site in accordance with the following: Reproduction or republication of any Trademarks belonging to IIABA is prohibited without prior written permission from IIABA.
5. To abide by IIABA’s position relative to links, as follows: The Site contains links to Internet sites of IIABA members, state associations, and other businesses and resources, and each Internet site may have its own privacy and data collection policies and practices. IIABA is not responsible for the privacy and data collection policies and practices of any of its members, state associations or other businesses and resources, or for the content of their Internet sites. Users interested in the privacy and data collection policies and practices of IIABA members, state associations or other businesses and resources should review the policies of the Internet sites they choose to access.
IIABA makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the Internet sites of its members, state associations or other businesses and resources, and IIABA disclaims all warranties and responsibilities of any kind, including, without limitation, warranties and responsibilities with respect to IIABA members’, state associations’, and other businesses’ and resources’ Internet sites, content, privacy and data collection policies and practices, and actions. Links to other Internet sites do not imply IIABA’s endorsement or approval of such Internet sites or the resources and information contained within them, nor are such links or references indications that IIABA has received specific authorization to provide these links or resources. IIABA does not endorse, approve, certify or control such external Internet sites, and is not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, efficacy, merchantability, usefulness, fitness for any particular purpose or correct sequencing of information located at such sites. The links and references on this Site to other Internet sites are provided solely as a convenience to users of this Site.
7. To abide by IIABA’s position relative to content and information on this Site, as follows: All of the information in this Site is provided without representations or warranties of any kind. IIABA disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, to you and/or any other party, including, without limitation, any warranties of accuracy, timeliness, completeness, efficacy, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, and usefulness of the content provided. IIABA shall have no tort, contract or any other liability to you or any other users of content from this Site and/or to any other party. IIABA shall not be liable to you and/or any other party for any lost profits or lost opportunities, or any indirect, special, consequential, incidental or punitive damages whatsoever arising out of or relating to the use of this Site or any information or content provided on or through the Site, even if IIABA has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The information contained in this Site is not intended to provide specific advice about individual legal, business or other questions, and it is not a substitute for your independent research and evaluation of any issue. If specific legal or other expert advice is required or desired, the services of an appropriate, competent professional should be sought.